Saturday 28 March 2015

My CV


Abbie Williams




Flat 6, Templars House, 1 University Way, LONDON E16 2GA | 07523257156 | abbie.williams95@gmail.com
Summary



I believe I am a strong minded, determined and passionate person. I believe in being open to every opportunity. I am currently a fashion student at the University of East London, I have a wide knowledge of fashion and the industry, particularly in marketing and design. I also have previous retail and customer service experience. Living in London was always something I had my mind set on, and it’s everything I had expected, I’ve travelled more, been places and done so many new things. In my spare time I try and work as much as possible, I take a keen interest in photography, illustration and digital media. I and some friends at University are currently working on a zine project, about art and culture, where I write articles on fashion as an art form, I have very high hopes for it. Although in the future I hope to go into designing or marketing/sales, I enjoy working on this zine as a side project as it is something that keeps me motivating and teaches me new things about what I love. I pride myself in being free about who I am, in the way that I dress in the clothes I like, and I do the things that make me happy and seek out exciting opportunities for myself. I believe it is important to keep motivated and try new things every day. My friends describe me as a funny, outgoing, happy person, and I hope that has an effect on the people around me too.
Skills



I can work confidently with new people and customers, and create a happy environment. I love meeting new people and learning new things.
Skills in Photography
Skilled in technology, I am a quick learner, and keep my mind set on tasks at hand.
Software
·  Adobe Programs including illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Microsoft Office – extended knowledge of all programs. Able to work on multiple desktops including Mac and Windows. Photo editing skills and writing skills at a high level.
Experience


September 2011-July 2012
Voluntary Sales Assistant,  YMCA
As part of a school project, I began volunteering in a charity shop that specialized in vintage clothing, and antique items. I worked shifts on and off in my spare time. Working voluntarily helped me to gain a lot of valuable experience that helped me in my every day life. I gained a lot of confidence in talking to people, and the sales side of a business, which is particularly interesting in a charity. I was also able to learn a lot about high end brands, old and current through the items we sold.
July 2013- August 2014
FOH Member,  The Crooked Chimney, Mitchells and Butlers PLC
For over a year I worked as part of an amazing team in an amazing local country pub. I met a lot of new people here and gained more confidence than ever before with new people, by being faced with customer related challenges. I worked on the bar and on the floor, working with money, sales, numbers and having to handle multiple activities at one time, for very long periods of time with a constant smile on my face. Of course at times the job was stressful, but I’ve spoken to so many interesting people, met celebrities, even designers by working on that bar, plus I came out of the job a confident, stronger willed person.


August 2015- Current Date
Sales Assistant,  Isabel Hospice
I was recently offered a role by a colleague I worked with at the YMCA, who thought I would be interested because of my aspirations in fashion. I am based in an office, in a small team of about 7 people. We are part of the Isabel Hospice charity, we work with the team that handle the donations for the countries charity shops, and we select the items that are more higher end, and sell them in other ways to more suit their value, therefore enabling us to raise more money for charity. It is non profit and 100% of our proceeds go to charity. This job has been incredibly rewarding for me, it was a new environment as I’d never worked in an office before, but I have learnt new computer and editing skills, photography skills, and I’ve worked closely with a lot of high end designer brands and have been able to see items up close. Brands such as Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood, Burberry, Austin Reed, Chanel, Dr Martens and Nike. This has helped my knowledge in Fashion, which has contributed a lot towards my work at University as well. I currently hold a casual contract here so I can fit my work schedule around my education. 


Education


September 2012-June2014
North Hertfordshire College,  Level 3 BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN ART& DESIGN FASHION. 2 year course, graduated with grades MMP
September 2014-Current Date
The University of East London,  BA HONOURS: FASHION DESIGN
Also: Stanborough School, 2006-2011, Graduated with grades A-C in all subjects taken, included A in English Language and C in Mathematics. Other subjects also included, Art&Design, Graphics, ICT and French
6 months at Oaklands College from September 2011, studing English Literature, Photography and Fine Art at A LEVEL, left to study a different course.




No comments:

Post a Comment